A letter to my daughter
It seems as if it was just the other day that we welcomed you into this world, with open arms. I remember holding you and loving every second, you were my little angel from above. I remember your first smile, and how you used to grip my finger tightly – these little memories are sketched into my brain for all eternity!
You are now almost four, and still continue to bring the most amazing joy into our home, you have such a clever way with words and are so loving and caring, we could never imagine our life without you.
But my little bug, there are things i want to share with you today, i hope you get to read them one day.
1. Firstly, my princess i want you to be whatever your heart desires you to be, do not imitate anyone, remain true to yourself and never ever change to please some one else. Reach for the stars ❤
2. Always remember that no one owes you anything, if someone loves you, its because of something special in you that brought them huge joy. I hope you find what that "special thing is" and as you grow older may it grow with you
3. Never let the child in you die. Fairy tales are so much fun, may you continue to catch the butterflies and chase the fairies ❤
4. Friends are absolutely amazing, you have many many friends that love you dearly, some will stay with you forever, and many will go, this is life. Try to be the best friend you can be, and when you lose a friend dont make it about you – you are loved.
5. love your body, you are so beautiful in every way, you dont have to be a magazines perception of beautiful, beauty comes from within and it absolutely glows out of you.
6. Never be afraid to work hard, i know it sucks. But i can promise you one thing, do your best and never give up, your dad and I will never give up on you.
7. Dont just be nice to your brother, be his biggest supporter and his bestest friend, you can also be his most constructive critic. You will be so grateful he is your brother in time and you will always need each other.
8. when you feel down try to find the one thing that makes you happy, whether it be music, poetry or dancing, you are incredibly creative and when you are being creative you will find your happy place.
9. never believe the negative thoughts that pop into your mind – they arent true – i promise.
10. there will be many days where you may think you hate me, when you are angry and frustrated and there will be days where i feel the same about you. Its ok to be angry, but always remember that no matter what – i may not always like you and you may not always like me – but we will always love each other. The love i have for you can never be broken.
11. Try to understand that no one is perfect, we all make mistakes, i promise to always try do my best in recognizing my mistakes. You are my teacher and i am yours.
12. Dont bother with any man who you think cares about you, but cant show it or say it…. if he cant tell you he loves you, then he will never be able to handle the big conversations that are required for a healthy and long relationship. You deserve to hear words that portray love and affection throughout your life for ever.
13. Respect yourself…. you are an amazing individual!
14. Trust your instincts – intuition doesn't lie.
15. Some of your best memories will come from some of your most foolish decisions – relish in those moments!
16. Make it your life long mission to be so busy loving your life – you have no time for fear or regret.
17. A good laugh and a long sleep are the two greatest cures for anything ….
18. There is a purpose in everything and everyone that comes into your life.
19. Be open minded and never be afraid to learn something new.
and lastly you have a man in your life that has set the bar…. – dont settle for anything or anyone less than the extraordinary example your dad has set for you…
You are my greatest blessing and most inspiring accomplishment…. i love you infinity!